On Sunday, March 27, 2015, the fam Del went out for a couple of hours to wet some lines at a local neighborhood pond. The weather was not the best since it’s been raining all night and the temperature predicted was a low of 48 degrees. Like many anglers, rain or shine, it is always good to get out to go fishing. According to Del, he saw that most of the bass on these little bodies of water are on a pre-spawn stage and beds are starting to show up along the shore line. If you live in the midwest, specially Chicago, the weather has been interesting.
Del was able to land this giant sight fishing using the following tackle:
- 7′ 2″ Shimano Zodias Casting Rod (MH/F)
- Shimano Curado CU201I (7.2:1)
- Sunline Super FC Sniper (14 lb test)
- 3/8 oz Brovarney Swimjig (Orange Crush)
- Big Bite Baits Finesse Grub (Pumpkin Green Pepper)